|I know that my clock is set correctly and my cookies are enabled, and I still can't get logged in. Any other suggestions?
Some of you may be experiencing problems logging on. This may take the form of being returned to the login page, or being logged into someone else's account who uses the same computer. Sometimes you will be returned to the login screen just as you try to make a move.
The first thing to try to is click logout and then exit the browser completely (close ALL browser windows). Then open the browser again and try to log in. If this doesn't work, reboot the computer, then try to log in (you won't have to do this every time, just this once).
If you're on WebTV, please exit the site, turn off the unit for about 5 minutes, then sign on and try to log into our site again.
If that doesn't work, what you'll need to do is to delete your older, invalid cookies. You can download a cookie manager to help you delete cookies. You can find a list of them here:
If you prefer to do this manually, we've provided detailed instructions on how to do this for various browsers:
If you've followed the instructions on these pages and you still can't log into the site, here are some additional tips:
- If you're using Netscape, make sure you close the browser first before you delete the cookie file.
- If you're using AOL or Internet Explorer, deleting the 'Temporary Internet Files' doesn't always delete the cookies. You need to delete the cookies directly by following the directions on that page.
- If you're trying to log in and it still takes you to someone else's account, the invalid cookie is still there. For IE/AOL, look for a file name of 'Cookie:' and 'iyt.dll', and make sure they're all deleted.
- If you absolutely can't get any of this to work, changing to a browser you've never used before will allow you to log in. For example, if you're using Netscape, try using IE, and vice versa.
- On WebTV, if you're not able to delete the cookies yourself, you may have to ask the WebTV support staff to delete the cookies for you. In the meantime, you can log in if you create another WebTV account and log in from there (it's free, and it only takes a few minutes to do this). You can read detailed instructions on how to do this.
We apologize for the inconvenience. If all else fails, please contact us
using our online contact form and we'll do our best to help.